.NET 6 is launched and it is a LTS launch which implies it will be totally and actively supported for the following 3 years. Should you’ve been paused ready for the fitting time to improve to .NET 6, it is a good time to make the transfer!
The .NET Improve Assistant can take Home windows Varieties, WPF, ASP.NET MVC, Console Apps, and Libraries and provide help to – interactively – improve them to .NET 6.
- Huge and ongoing efficiency enhancements
- No have to rely on .NET being on the consumer’s machine. You may ship you personal model of .NET and embed it inside your EXE! Take a look at Single File Deployment.
- Tons of recent C# 10 options, however they’re optionally available, so your present code works nice however you may also “refactor through subtraction” and take a look at issues like implicit usings.
- Non-obligatory Profile-guided optimization (PGO) is the place the JIT compiler generates optimized code when it comes to the kinds and code paths which can be most regularly used. This will imply even MORE free efficiency!
- Crossgen2 can dramatically enhance your startup time
- Assist for macOS Arm64 (or “Apple M1 Silicon”) and Home windows Arm64 working techniques, for each native Arm64 execution and x64 emulation. As well as, the x64 and Arm64 .NET installers now set up facet by facet. For more information, see .NET Assist for macOS 11 and Home windows 11 for Arm64 and x64.
- Scorching Reload – simply make adjustments and your app adjustments…even should you’re coding in Notepad!
- And tons extra!
Take a look at my .NET Conf 2022 video the place I see what number of locations I can run .NET! Home windows, Linux, Docker, Mac, Raspberry Pi, even a Outstanding 2 eInk pill. Take pleasure in!
Be sure you watch and luxuriate in ALL the good .NET Conf 2022 movies up on YouTube at this time.
Sponsor: Lob’s developer-friendly APIs make it straightforward to ship a letter, test, or postcard, as simply as e mail. Design dynamic HTML templates to personalize mail for max affect. Begin Exploring with Postman!
Scott Hanselman is a former professor, former Chief Architect in finance, now speaker, advisor, father, diabetic, and Microsoft worker. He’s a failed stand-up comedian, a cornrower, and a e book creator.