A pair months in the past, Google teased the brand new video indexing report in Google Search Console. Nicely now, Google stated this report will roll out to some websites “over the following few months.” The difficult half, you might by no means see it, you’d solely see it if Google detects movies in your website.
Additionally, Google’s URL Inspection software was upgraded to point out these protection points on video content material.
So you will not know if the report isn’t displaying but due to the sluggish rollout or as a result of there is a matter with Google detecting if there are movies in your website.
Once more, if Google sees movies in your website, Google will show the brand new “Video indexing report” on the left navigation bar within the protection part of Google Search Console. The report reveals the standing of video indexing in your website. It helps you reply the next questions:
- In what number of pages has Google recognized a video?
- Which movies have been listed efficiently?
- What are the problems stopping movies from being listed?
Just like the outdated protection report, in case you repair an present subject, you need to use the report back to validate the repair and observe how your mounted video pages are up to date within the Google Search index.
The video indexing report reveals what number of listed pages in your website comprise a number of movies, and on what number of of these pages a video may very well be listed. The report reveals the next info:
- What number of listed pages in your website comprise a video that Google has listed, and particulars in regards to the listed video.
- What number of listed pages in your website the place Google discovered a number of movies, however couldn’t index any video, and particulars about why not.
- This report doesn’t present a rely of distinctive movies in your website (until some very particular circumstances* apply to your website).
- The report covers solely listed pages. If a web page isn’t listed for any motive (together with being blocked or being a non-canonical web page) then it will not seem on this report.
Here’s a record of errors the report can present you:
- No outstanding movies on web page
- Can’t decide video place and dimension
- Video too massive or too small
- MRSS failure; strive utilizing schema.org as an alternative
- Invalid video URL
- Unsupported video format
- Unknown video format
- No thumbnail URL supplied
- Unsupported thumbnail format
- Invalid thumbnail dimension
- Thumbnail blocked by robots.txt
- Thumbnail is clear
- Thumbnail couldn’t be reached
- Video not processed
- Video not processed but
- Video not discovered on host service
- Thumbnail is lacking or invalid
- Invalid thumbnail
Here’s a pattern of the report (click on to enlarge):
Like I stated above, the URL Inspection software now checks the video indexing standing of a particular web page. Notice, this doesn’t work on the dwell URL inspection software, it really works on the traditional model. When inspecting a web page, if Google detected a video on it, you will notice the next within the outcomes:
- Particulars such because the video URL and the thumbnail URL.
- The web page standing reveals whether or not the video was listed or not.
- Listing of points stopping the video from being listed.
Here’s what that appears like:
Listed below are extra particulars on this new report from Google.
Discussion board dialogue at Twitter.